4.02.2015

ROSE PARADE: TOP 4 FAVORITE PRODUCTS


Four must have skincare products ~ You can thank me later






When it comes to flowers, I like to keep it classic. Whether it be a single rose or three dozen, they will without a doubt always win me over. Not only do roses smell so intoxicatingly good, rose essential oil has anti fungal and antibacterial properties, which makes it perfect for topically treating burns and skin conditions such as acne. Walk into any drugstore, health store or beauty department and you're bound to find something rose related. 

Let's be real for a minute; I've struggled with acne since I hit puberty. I'm in my twenties now and it's still an ongoing battle. My skin is hella sensitive and it's taken me years to figure out what works for me. Luckily, I've found a lot of great products that are relatively inexpensive at health food stores. For certain products like my cleanser and moisturizer I need something with a little more science behind it, but I try to best to avoid chemicals and other nasty ingredients. My skin seems to respond much better to natural products with simple ingredients. Makes sense, right? Rose water has been an ingredient that has given me fantastic results for years. Being that it's antibacterial and inflammatory, it's ideal for treating redness and swollen/irritated spots (AKA the jerk-off known as acne).

 Here's a few of my must have products~


Heritage Store Rose Petals Rosewater: This was one of the very first skin products I started using as a teen. I started breaking out, so my mom took me to whole foods to grab some skin care. When I saw her pick up this tiny little pink bottle and spray it, I didn't even care what it did, but I fell in love with the smell. Ever since I've always carried this in my purse. I use this for EVERYTHING. I usually spritz my face after I use toner, that way my skin is slightly damp, then I'll put my moisturizer on right away. The natural oils in rosewater helps lock moisture into the epidermis. I also use it to wet my makeup sponge. They carry this in a few different sizes including a 4oz travel size. I like to carry one in my purse so I can spritz my face throughout the day. It helps with moisture as well as giving you a slightly dewy look. I also like to use it when it's really hot out to give myself a quick cool down. Aaaaaaand it smells good.




Dr Bonner's Rose Castile Liquid Soap: Good ole Dr Bronner's has been my dear friend for at least a decade. I seriously cannot get enough of this soap. All of their soaps are certified organic, certified Fair Trade, packaged in 100% post-consumer recycled plastic bottles, Non GMO and they don't test on sweet fur babies. This is taken directly from their website, but apparently you can use the soap for... " washing your face, body, hands and hair, for bathing, shaving, brushing your teeth, rinsing fruit, aromatherapy, washing dishes by hand, doing laundry, mopping floors, all-purpose cleaning, washing windows, scrubbing toilets, washing dogs, controlling dust mites, and killing ants and aphids." I probably won't be brushing my teeth with it, but everything else sounds chill.




Thayers Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner: Finding the right toner has proved to be challenging form me. I use a great toner from Epicuren that has salicylic acid, which is needed to shrink pores. It works wonders, but it also has alcohol so using it twice a day can be a little too drying for my face. I just started using Thayer's rose petal witch hazel toner in the morning (epicuren at night) and so far I really like it. Once again, the rose water help with moisture and the witch hazel helps to tighten pores. The bottle design is a huge plus also. And it smells really good. Way to go Thayers.




Pacifica Persian Rose Perfume: When it comes to perfume, rose has always been my scent. There's something so soft and romantic about it. It's effortless. I've tried a few rose perfumes, and most don't really differ much to be honest. I like the Persian Rose from Pacifica because it's not overpowering in scent. It's subtle, but lasts throughout the day. I always get mine at Whole Foods or Sprouts, but you can also find it online. It comes in a regular 1oz bottle as well as this handy little roll-on tube for $12. I like the roller ball because it's easy to stick in my purse. Pacifica's products are also great because they're 100% vegan and cruelty free!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I would love to see a tutorial on your skincare regiment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love anything rose scented too!! I'm definitely going to try these out, thanks so much for suggesting them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this. I would look to see a video on these products you use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this, I would totally like to see a regiment video as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Natasha thank you for the tips I have a question do you also wear serum and if you do which one do you apply first the eye cream then the serum and then the toner? Or how does it go for you thank you

    ReplyDelete