10.23.2014

HURRICANES, SPAM & SUNBURNS


My love and I just got back from a week long trip to Oahu. We usually save up and treat ourselves to one vacation a year, so what better place to go than Hawaii?! We have good friends that live on the island, so it was a perfect excuse to get away and spend time with them. The last time we went was in August of 2013 and it was still incredibly hot but perfect beach weather. August was so crazy for both of us, so we figured October would still be chill.

WELL... Little did we know good ole Hurricane Ana was planning on rolling through -_____-
Luckily the storm wasn't too bad, but it's still safe to say I've never seen so much rain in my life. During the three days of solid rain Javier was tattooing anyways, so I stayed inside the shop with him and got a butt load of drawings done. I decided to make a zine out of them ~DEATH IN PARADISE~ which you can purchase HERE.



We were able to get a few really good beach days, and I'm sooo thankful for that! I currently look like a freshly boiled lobster, but these tan lines are gonna be killer in a few days. Eating poke bowls, shaved ice and guava juice with the man I love every day did my soul good.

Oh, also ~ If you have hella money (unlike moi) Oahu has some KILLLLLLLER designer shopping. Like, so good it's depressing. I caught myself drooling over the Miu Miu windows and finally forced myself to walk to the nearest bakery stand (lots of good asian bakery spots too!) so I could stuff my emotions away.


Shaved ice ~ 




I was really intrigued and inspired by the canned food section in the grocery stores

Had a visit with Norman Collins ~ Sailor Jerry *RIP*



I was really hoping to take more photos in this beautiful Coco Fennel dress outside, but that was the first day it started pouring >.<










No comments:

Post a Comment