6.20.2014

THE GAY 90'S WEST


















Dress: Motel Rocks // Boots: La Moda // Jewelry: Her Tiny Teeth

Last week I decided to venture out of my cave to check out Mark Ryden's exhibit at the Kohn Gallery here in Hollywood. I was super disappointed that I missed the opening night, but none the less I couldn't miss the exhibit all together. 

I've been a huge fan of Mark's for what seems like forever. His work has always hit a soft spot in my heart; forever combining perfectly cute with a melancholy feel, and always executed like something out of a dream. I first discovered his art when I was only twelve years old, I think I found a thread about him on livejournal or something. Ever since I've been obsessed. Seeing his work for the first time in person was almost overwhelming. The energy that resonates with his artwork touches something deep inside of me. I couldn't help but take a photo of every single painting and sketch in the gallery (lol).

On another note, this dress from Motel Rocks is really doing it for me right now. The cut of it allows it to be dressed up or down so easily, and couldn't be more comfortable. Comfort never used to be something I cared much for, but the older I get the more I enjoy feeling comfortable and cute ~ mostly because the two together equal confidence :)


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful dress. This exhibition is amazing. I would like to invite you to my blog, come to visit it when you have time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The paintings are amazing! I love the detailing of the painting and the framework is amazing! I definitely need to bookmark his work because I've seen his paintings floating around tumblr and Juxtapoz, but I never really paid attention until now. If you haven't already, you should check out Conrad Roset. He's an artist from Brazil and does a lot of ink and water color work of beautiful women. It's my dream to see his art in person.

    Anywho, being comfortable and cute it the best thing about style. I love the pattern of the Motel Rocks dress and the cutout is super cute ♡

    xx AlexisSplash

    http://deadlikeyourfame.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete