5.26.2013

PINK, WHITE & BLUE





(Top: 1950s vintage // Skirt: 1960s vintage //Socks: HUF // Shoes: Converse)


This Spring has been bringing a lot of new things my way, including the strong urge to wear white clothing. If you've been following my blog for a while, you'll know that I only had a few colorful items in my closet, but the majority was all black. White was simply not an option. But as of lately I've been dreaming of white pinafores, skirts and high waisted pants. I love the idea of pairing white with pastels and bold colors. 

Another 'new' thing I've discovered I love (and maybe spend too much time lurking) is ebay! It has proven to be very difficult for me to find clothes that fit properly, are flattering and don't cost a fortune, so I've gone back to wearing mostly vintage clothing. I found this absolutely perfect white 1960s tennis skirt on ebay for $20, and I definitely have a feeling that it's going to become a staple in my Spring/Summer wardrobe this year.

This got me to thinking, what makes an item become a staple in your closet? I have staple pieces that are both basic and dramatic, so it's always interesting to me to see what other people favor. 

What's your favorite garment for summer?!


xo


4 comments:

  1. I feel as if I've seen you before. I'm not in LA. Have you ever lived in Denver by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love that top. I agree ebay is pretty much heaven, I love finding things I can't find in my country.
    My summer staple is a big tie dyed, pastel scarf that I don't plan on removing any time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww your cat!!!<333
    I have the same problem with finding clothes that fit me well. I used to just sew it up on the sewing machine but ever since I've moved out I can't sew anymore because I couldn't bring the machine. :'(
    I've been thinking of probably thrift stores, but I never know where to start. Especially in L.A where I see so many! Have any suggestions in some with really neat things you've seen?

    vegcourtesy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete