3.30.2010

L I G H T


My beautiful friend Laura and I spent the night running around downtown Denver trying to find good places to take photos, and after being kicked out of two locations, we finally found these stairs, which worked perfectly! Everything I'm wearing (except the tights) was made by me and I'm considering making some of the pieces available when I open my online shop. Laura is wearing a vintage Siouxsie & The Banshees shirt, a skirt and leggings from Forever21, my great grandmother's scarf and vintage boots. 

When we decided to try to find another location, we were loading our stuff into the car and this bald lady comes up to us and started talking about how she needed to get home, and she seemed like a pretty level headed nice person, so Laura offered her a ride to her house. Well, as soon as she gets into the car she started telling us her life story, in which she told us that she has leprosy, a shaved head, a flipped uterus and lupis. Then she continued to tell us she was a leprechaun, a faerie, a clown, an angel and a drug addict. All while she's sitting in the back seat rubbing my shoulders. Yeah. We ended up taking her clear down South Broadway (about 20 minutes from downtown) and when we were close to her house she started telling us about how she eats flesh and it's "damn tasy" but "the fat is fucking gross man". I think that's when Laura and I started asking her how far away her house was, haha. When we got to her house she thanked us and offered us knives and makeup for being such sweet gals. 

All I can do is laugh when I think about it, haha. It was sketchy as shit while she was in the car, but we had a good laugh afterwards.

14 comments:

  1. You two look amazing!

    That sounds like something that would happen to me, Kansas City has some crazy people but I usually see them in thrift stores. The most common thing that happens is people growling like animals, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are really talented :D

    And I would crap my pants if I had an old lady like that in my car.. Still sounds fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous! Where are the tights from? And that lady was super creepy...cannibalism? Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. woah that sounds gnarly. i cant wait to see your designs!

    http://droolingisntpretty.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL at the old lady, deceiving first impression, love the tights and your designs are aweeeeeeesome

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love! The black & white ones are awesome! Love ur blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your dress!

    Theory of a fashion victim
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post, the pictures are lovely, and the outfit is gorgeous!
    Panda.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look like Xtina Aguilera!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been looking trough your whole blog, and I noticed one thing - you have the exact same face-expression in every photo. Why is that?

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. YO.

    First of all. Posting Lori Petty stills from Tank girl means I love you, but second of all. These photos are great. super fun styling. Too bad you're not in NYC. I need more Tank girl lovers.

    sincerely * http://freeride.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. You both look amazing! Hilarious but a bit scary about the bald lady...

    tweet tweet tweet

    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. amazing photos..
    you guys look really beautiful!

    Yaryy<3

    ReplyDelete