7.13.2009

L E A T H E R









W A R D R O B E   E S S E N T I A L:
T H E  L E A T H E R  J A C K E T

My boyfriend bought this leather jacket for me last fall and I haven't really worn it much or done anything with it until now. I took apart an old studded belt and used all of the studs on the lapel of the jacket, and would have studded the collar as well but ran out of studs, so I'm trying to go thrifting around to find more studded belts for cheap (which is much cheaper than buying studs). Until I can get tags made up, I just painted my name on it, haha. I want to stencil/paint something on the back, but I'm not sure what I want to do on it yet. I wanted to do the Joy Division logo, but decided I am 1) far too lazy to figure that design out 2) too lazy make a stencil 3) just free hand draw it with a paint pen and most likely end up royaly fucking it to hell and back. Any ideas?! An old Bauhaus picture maybe?


Oh, by the way:

Keep an eye out! I'm hoping to launch my line by September!

5 comments:

  1. Ohh I love this! This may sound ridiculously stupid but how did you get the studs to stay? Simply glue?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Will we be able to purchase your line here?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natasha: Thanks! All studs have prongs in them, so no glue is needed.

    Ayden: I'll most likely sell my items on Etsy or something, but I'll keep details posted!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to hear you will be starting up a line!

    Can't wait to see and buy it!

    xj

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be needing to buy one of those leotards.

    ReplyDelete